Application for Scholarship Awards
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Omicron Theta Omega Chapter is dedicated to scholarship, community service, and economic empowerment in our local and global communities. In an effort to facilitate these goals, we provide undergraduate and graduate student scholarships. The Omicron Theta Omega Chapter is awarding scholarships ranging from $250 - $1,500 to outstanding African American high school seniors and students continuing their education at Historically Black Colleges and Universities. The scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement, community service, and financial need. The scholarship awards will be paid to the four-year accredited college or university where the student is enrolled full-time for the academic year. Complete the application to apply for any of the awards listed below. Only submit one application to be considered for the scholarship you designate on the application form.
Each scholarship varies. Click the scholarship links above to view specific details.
BASIS OF AWARD:
1. The applicant must be a graduating senior or continuing Ed. student from the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
2. The applicant will be required to submit an essay and provide a letter of recommendation from a non-family member.
3. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
4. The applicant must indicate a financial need.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. A copy of your high school transcript(s) as of January 2022, showing credit for each course grade and completion date. Unofficial transcripts are sufficient.
2. Letter of recommendation can come from the following:
- Teachers, counselors, or principal
- Church or community leaders, or employers
3. Provide full-time enrollment documentation for the Fall semester.
4. In a personal statement, using the space provided at the end the application, share an event that has shaped your attitude, focus, and most of all your intellectual vitality.
Please be sure to address each question in the essay topic wholly and directly. Only complete applications timestamped by April 15, 2022, will be considered for a scholarship. Feel free to make additional copies of the application if needed. The Scholarship application may be downloaded from www.AKAOTO84.com and submitted to www.AKAOTOSCHOLAR@gmail.com.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
HSSU Midnight Breakfast
HBCU College House Party
HSSU College Fair